Writing, designing and coding for email marketing campaigns requires different skills from writing, designing and coding for websites. Our team has the specialised skills to provide a range of email services and email campaign management.
Email Marketing services
Design and build for HTML email
Any web company can design and build emails, right?
Wrong. HTML for email is very different from HTML for the web. Web HTML has matured over time and follows well-structured guidelines (W3C) that are recognised and followed by the major web browsers we use today.
On the other hand email clients are not web browsers. Each one employ their own set of rules for displaying HTML’s visual styles on page. This makes coding for email like living in the “Wild West”, where there are very few rules!
Our point? HTML for the web is consistent and predictable, while HTML for email is not. This means it’s vital your email HTML code works across a myriad of different email clients, both web browser based (Gmail, Yahoo etc.) and those which are separate software (like Outlook).
Many web companies unfortunately code emails the same way they do websites. They don’t know the intricate ins-and-outs of email HTML.
Here are just some of the reasons why Webstruxure is the right choice for your email marketing needs:
- Well-coded emails are crucial. If your email ‘breaks’ on a customer’s screen (doesn’t display as intended), you’ve lost your customer’s attention and the reason you wrote and sent that email.
- We have an email testing suite to ensure your email is rock solid.
- It’s more than just coding. Making sure you use a reputable email sending service (i.e. an email campaign platform such as Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor), that you verify SPF records, and that you’re not on any email blacklists all contribute to your “send-ability” and lower the risk your email of becoming a spam folder statistic.
- We have years of experience specifically coding and designing HTML emails so they work across platforms and get read!
Tidying up messy mailing lists
Our multi-skilled team includes data experts who can turn your customer/member data into a usable mailing list. Whether it’s housed within an internal system or in a basic Excel spreadsheet, we can clean up and integrate your customer information with your chosen email marketing platform.
Our team has experience working with data nightmares. We can take data from one squillion sources*, with missing or incomplete fields, that’s out of date and covered in cobwebs, and turn it into a usable resource for your marketing needs. Plus once your mailing list is tidy we can help keep it that way, continually cleaning up unsubscribes and bounced emails.
* Figures may, or may not be, an exaggeration.
Writing email content that gets results
We don’t just design and build emails, we write them too. Good email content is key to getting the most value out of email marketing – for you and your recipients. We can also create a content strategy for your regular e-newsletter or promotional campaign, and help you make it happen.
The problem with email marketing is that everyone’s doing it, so it’s getting harder to persuade email recipients to spend two minutes of their day reading your email, over and above someone else’s.
- Create a content strategy for your email campaigns which delivers your key messages to your customers over time in an engaging way. When you deliver consistently useful and engaging emails your readers will find them worth reading, and they’ll want more.
- Write your email content – translating what you want to say into text which motivates recipients to act. Good content is content that ensures your customers not only remain loyal subscribers, but that they share your content too.
Online surveys are our specialty
There are many reasons for sending an email, and one of them is to ask for customer feedback. Sounds simple right? You set up a survey in Survey Monkey, send the link out to your mailing list and sit back while the responses roll in.
Well maybe, but if the email isn’t written right you might not get the number of responses you want. Or, you might get enough responses but the answers themselves aren’t what you needed.
Online surveys are an art. You have to write the right questions to get the right answers. Then you need the survey to be readable and user-friendly. And finally, you need to get people to respond to your survey without using bribery (although a little token of thanks doesn’t go amiss).
Webstruxure can help to:
- write surveys that get the answers you need
- design readable, user-friendly online surveys
- write a survey invite to achieve maximum response
- manage the invite mailing list to ensure data is clean and correct
- distribute the survey via Survey Monkey or your chosen email marketing platform.
Complying with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act
If you weren’t already convinced why you need Webstruxure’s support with your email marketing campaigns, we can work with you to manage your mailing lists whilst ensuring you adhere to the guidelines set down by the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
Email mailing lists must be carefully managed to ensure they meet the strict rules outlined in the Act. Failure to comply could mean a fine of up to $500,000 – and that’s a mistake you can’t afford to make.
Full information can be found at dia.govt.nz/services-anti-spam-index.